Effective Date March 1, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide. When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, including name, address, telephone number, and email address. In addition, if you are a Provider, you may provide information about yourself or company, including for example, details to complete your business, work samples, videos, and other reference information.
Information We Collect From All Users.
Cookie Data. Cookies (small data files that can be transferred to your electronic device to uniquely identify your browser) are used by the Services to connect your activity on the Services with other information we store about you in your account profile or from prior usage of the Services. At any time, you may adjust your browser settings to delete existing cookies, or refuse new cookies, according to the method permitted by your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, some of the Services may not operate properly.
Log Usage Data. Our servers automatically record usage log data created when you use the Services. Usage log data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring web page, visited web pages, location, mobile carrier, computer or mobile device type, search terms and cookie information.
Location Data. If you provide location information during the registration process or at any other time via your account settings, we may store that information in connection with your account (including, for example, your IP address which may provide an approximate geo-location). If you are using mobile Services, we may collect location data directly from your mobile device if your device allows us to do so. Your mobile device manufacturer or mobile service provider may provide you with choices about how and whether location data is shared with us.
Information We Collect From Third Parties. We may obtain information about you from third parties and use it to provide a customized experience, to suggest products or services that might be of interest to you, or to supplement or correct information that you have provided to us, and generally to improve our Services.
Use of Information
Among the information we collect, please note:
- Account Information: If you register with Portelo, we may store and use your full name, email address, zip code and other information you may provide with your account. Your Portelo user name, as well as any photo you submit through the registration process, will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can modify some of the information associated with your account here. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal here.
- User ID and Password: You may provide Portelo with a user ID and a password as part of your participation and access to the Site and Services. You are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user ID and password.
- Public Content: The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, profile, blogs, messages, offers, photos and videos. We may display this information on the Site, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
Any information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To provide and improve our Services to you;
- To manage our relationship with you and to improve customer service
- To administer a contest, promotion, contest or sweepstakes;
- To verify the legitimacy of reviews and ratings
- To communicate with you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To notify you about updates to the Site and Services
- To prevent fraud and abuse and to otherwise protect members and visitors and our business;
- To perform functions described at the time of collection;
- To perform internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our missions, and
- To develop, deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our advertising, products and services.
Disclosure of Information
Consent. Should you consent or direct Portelo to share your information.
Portelo Service Providers. We may utilize third party service providers to help us administer, provide and improve the Services and these providers have access to your profile page or User submissions information only as necessary to perform services for us.
Investigations and Law. We may release information you have provided when we believe that doing so is appropriate to comply with applicable laws, to avoid legal liability, to cooperate with government or law enforcement or private parties; to investigate or enforce a potential violation of our Terms, policies and guidelines; to bill and collect amounts owed to us; to protect our rights, reputation, safety or property or that of users or others; and to address fraud, security or technical issues.
Sale/Merger: If we become party to a merger, acquisition, joint venture, sale or pledge of assets, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
Changing Information. To change your information, you may login to your account and modify or remove specified information that resides in your account. If you want to delete your account, please contact us at email@example.com. Information that you chose to provide in a public area of the Services may remain in accounts of users with whom such information has been shared, and Portelo may retain and use information in backup/archival copies for our records as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Third-Party Websites. Our Services may contain links to other websites and services. Any information that you provide to such a third-party is provided directly to the owner or operator of the website or service and is subject to for their content, privacy or security practices and policies. To protect your information we recommend that you carefully review the privacy policies of other websites and services that you access.
Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.